Gartan OEC is administered by Donegal ETB. Gartan Outdoor Education Centre is superbly located on the shore of Gartan Lough and only 10 miles from Letterkenny.
The Centre is set on its own 87 acre Estate with beautiful views across the lake to the Derryveagh Mountains and Glenveagh. The sensitively renovated and extended buildings, once the stables and outhouses of the old Lough Veagh House, provide first class facilities and accommodation for all course participants and visitors.
Our new and very cosy wood and stone built ‘Boathouse’ with woodchip heating system is ideal for small conferences and non residential bookings. Gartan also runs a Sailing and Windsurfing School, based at Downings on the north Donegal coast.
Let us know what your objectives are, and we’ll design a course with you to suit your needs.
Our courses include:
- Adventure Education
- Environmental and Earth Education including Leaving and Junior Certificate syllabus programmes
- Personal development through adventure education, expedition work and life coaching technique
- Skills development and leadership award courses to relevant National Governing Body award syllabus
- Gáisce award training and expeditions
- Team building and Management Development
- Donegal Walking Week and similar special events including FitWalk clinics.
Our adventure sport programmes include land, sea and inland waterway activity, allowing a very wide range of possibilities for every student or visitor.
Our equipment is of the best, and our staff team is second to none.Gartan operates a full recycling system, assisted by students. This includes composting of waste cooked food.
Gartan Outdoor Education Centre
Address: Church Hill, Letterkenny, Co Donegal
Tel: 074 9137032
Fax: 074 9137254